advertise with ongsono.com
 

Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses Compared To Proclear 1 Day Contact Lenses

Contact lenses differ in many ways including brand, composition, technology and how long they can be worn. There is no better way to see the differences than by comparing the Acuvue Oasys contact lenses with Proclear contact lenses that are daily disposables.

 

The only features that these contact share are that they are made with polymer and water and they are contact lenses. Acuvue Oasys are a contact lenses produced by Johnson and Johnson and they are classified as a lens that can be used either as two week disposables, or they can be worn for six consecutive nights before they must be thrown away.

 

Keeping in line with all Acuvue products, the Acuvue Oasys help protect against ultraviolet radiation and are tinted light blue so that they are easily distinguishable from the package and lens case. It also uses the “123” inversion mark that only comes on Acuvue products. The Acuvue Oasys contact lenses are categorised as a class 1 UV protectant as it filters out 96% of UVA rays and 99% of UVB rays, which are the only two types of UV radiation that make it past the ozone layer of Earth’s atmosphere.

 

The Acuvue Oasys lenses have the highest delivery of oxygen to the human eye of any of the Acuvue products, allowing for the passage of 98% of the surrounding oxygen into the eye. Like humans, the eye needs oxygen too. If it is not getting enough oxygen, it will become red and irritated. This particular type of lens is composed of 62% senofilcon A and 38% water. The higher than usual percentage of polymer is why it can be worn for longer.

 

The daily lenses are composed with more water, which means they will break down more easily. The Acuvue Oasys lenses are made with a patented technology called Hydraclear Plus, where a wetting agent in put directly into the contact lenses in order to help it stay wet throughout the day. These particular lenses are created only for people who are near or far sighted, as other optical conditions require a special lens design.

 

The Proclear contact lenses are completely different. First, they are a daily disposable lens that is composed of approximately 40% Omafilcon A, while the remainder is roughly 60% water. These proclear contact lenses are produced by Cooper Vision and are the only contact lenses produced in the world that carry a FDA approved statement about being able to provide improved comfort and wetter eyes. This is because they use PC Hydration technology during the lens creation process that allows the lens to stay 96% hydrated even after 12 or more hours of wear. This technology utilises water-loving molecules that are found within human cells. The molecules will actually attract water and surround themselves with it. It is due to this technology that Proclear contact lenses are one of the wettest on the market.

Earn awesome savings on Acuvue oasys and Proclear contact lenses.


Category