An effective working website is the most cost-effective advertising, marketing, informational and promotional medium available to businesses of any size. It's imperative, especially as a small business competing with larger businesses, to optimize your site for search engines using keywords or keyword phrases. Most people don't look past (at most!) the third page of search engine results when they're searching for something online. Using search engine optimization is the best way to get your site noticed by the search engines.
By using good search engine optimization techniques for your website, you can boost your rankings on search engines. There are many steps to optimizing your site:
- Knowing your online competition
- Picking out targeted keywords and phrases
- Submitting your site to search engines
- Rewriting and revising your content to make it the best it can be and using your keywords and phrases in it
- Making sure you don't have any "unethical" SEO items on your site that may "blackball" your site from the search engines
- Using meta tags properly
- Making sure your site is properly designed and looking good
- Keeping on top of your site rankings and freshening your content to bump your ratings even more
How do you identify a Search Engine Robot?
Search engines send out what are called spiders, crawlers or robots to visit your site and gather web pages
Does the name have anything at all to do with the site, or is it completely unrelated?
Custom 404 Page
You should optimize Your 404 Page and make sure your website always be found by search engine