Offer free, original, and quality content on your site. This is the most effective means for increasing traffic to a website; offering people something that they cannot obtain elsewhere, or at least, not to the level of quality that you are offering it. Ways in which to ensure that your content is of higher quality than competitors or is unique include:
- Creating content that is helpful and useful. You need to offer visitors the information they need to achieve a goal, solve a problem, be entertained, find out quality news or have a good laugh.
- Keep it fresh. For repeat visits, it is crucial to provide regular updates to the website, especially in frequently viewed zones. Add fresh content every few days if possible; at a minimum, weekly.
- To have a fully functioning and successful website, you need to make sure your tags are in place and your links are not broken. You also need to submit a sitemap.xml file to Google to have your website show up in Google's search engines. There is a tool that inspects websites just in case you missed tags and links and it creates a free sitemap.xml file. It gives you results in minutes.
- Outsource article writing. If you hate the thought of generating content yourself, or your team is not writing-savvy, consider outsourcing this end of the task. Depending on the length, content, specialization and quality required, prices can start as low as US$5 per article. However, don't neglect attempting to write your own work - who better than you knows your own business, hobby or club and can express precisely what needs to be said? Just sit down and start writing an article. You may be impressed when you're done!
- Launch some contests in social media like facebook. It'll draw you instant traffic.
Web Hosting Reviews
Before you choose a web hosting provider, be sure to read web hosting reviews. It will always depend on your needs and budget. For instance,a review of iPage shows that it is great for small businesses or any website that only requires shared hosting. However, if you plan to expand your business and require dedicated hosting, inmotion (see feedback) would be a better fit. If you like having unlimited plans like unlimited email accounts, forwarders, web space, scripts etc we suggest that you check out an analysis of Fatcow.
Some tips to speed up your website
Your website is too slow ? Try these tips to improve your website speed.
Optimize Website Content
The content on your site is the main draw for visitors. Website Content is a king.
Search Engine Marketing Services
Search engine marketing services will show the success or failure of an online business venture.