Variables that affect ranks in a negative way (these factors probably will not change over time):
- Spamming by using the same word or phrase several times in your title, meta tags, or text.
- Spamming by putting words or phrases into your meta tags or title that have nothing to do with the actual content people see on your web page.
- Using text the same color as the background.
- Using tiny text (font size "-1" or smaller) as a way to cram keywords into a page.
- Linking out to sites that have nothing to do with the focus or niche of your site.
- Linking out to link farms or free-for-all (FFA) link pages. (Sites that contain pages just for the purpose of exchanging links with other sites without concern for content. Generally link farms or FFA link pages have thousands of links and the links are added by means of a program not a human.)
- Links coming in from link farms or FFA link pages.
Factors that affect search engine ranking
here is a list of 10 factors than can truly affect your search engine ranking. this factor is really important
Many search engine marketers have recommended placing relevant keywords in URL
Search Engine Friendly Web Design
be sure your website have search engine friendly design so your website can be crawl