SEO practices that improve web site quality are likely to outlive short term practices that simply seek to manipulate search rankings. The top SEOs recommend targeting the same thing that search engines seek to promote: relevant, useful content for their users. Means of improving web site quality include:
- Clean, fast loading websites, that are content rich, and frequently (google robot will come more often) updated.
- Websites that follow the web's simpler conventions (short and descriptive titles, easy navigation, no disabling of browser buttons, no keyword stuffing or other blatant SEO work).
- Natural-looking link building: a few links from directories, very minimal reciprocal or three-way linking, no apparent buying or selling of links, no attempted PR manipulation (buying/selling/hogging), no outward links to less reputable sites.
- No auto-generated nonsense content and no machine translated content, but original, useful material.
- No technical errors, no duplicate pages, a valid robots.txt, a sitemap, and custom error pages.
- When optimizing a site, it seems like Google is on the top of everyone's mind, but there are niche search engines that add very targeted and useful traffic to make a site's job postings much more effective.
The concept of Domain Cloaking is to show users a pretty web site that meets their need.
You must check whether your site is listed in the Yahoo! Directory.
Internal Link Structure
Search engines may make the assumption that pages not linked to are less important?