Below are some suggestion to optimize your meta keyword tag
- While spaces within keyword phrases are fine, you should separate each phrase with a comma and no space (e.g., “sharepoint 2007,moss 2007”).
- Use lower case for all keywords and pluralize phrases where possible. Do not bother including capitalized or nonplural equivalents.
- Include all of your site-wide phrases at the front of the metakeyword tag of the homepage. Exclude all deep phrases from the homepage tag.
- Use the most relevant site-wide phrases to begin your section and category page meta-keyword tags, and then also include the most relevant deep phrases.
- On content pages, confine yourself to deep phrases in the metakeyword tags.
- Never use more than 50 words in the meta-keyword tag and ideally try to limit yourself to 35 words in each.
- Ensure that all of the keyphrases in your keyword tag appear at least once more somewhere in your on-page elements (i.e., title tag, description tag, headings, alt tags, and body text). If you can’t achieve this, seriously consider removing the keyword from your tag.
Simple Steps to Check the Keyword Density
Keyword density is always expressed as a percentage of the total word content on a given web page
Keyword suggestion tools
Tools that you should use when developing your keyword list is a keyword suggestion tool
Keyword Meta Tag
Meta keywords is important for your website, here are sample uses of the meta keywords tag