Here's Five Ways to Get Search Engines to Boost your Ratings:
- Makeover your signature file that goes out with every email you send. Include your fre.e report or ezine offer, your email, URL, and phone numbers plus a line with your product or service name on it. See more on this in my fre.e article "Top Ten Things to Do to Make your Signature File Sell" at www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles/article124.shtml.
- Submit short articles to dozens of opt-in ezines who need content daily. Make a special offer in each signature file that relates to your article. Through a hyperlink, offer a free ezine with a free report by autoresponder. To get started, go to www.yahoogroups.com and subscribe to one of the opt-in ezines (no spam).
- Rewrite your best list of key words and phrases you used for your Web site. Incorporate them into your excellent, well-edited short articles or tips. For more information go to www.goodkeywords.com or see my special fre.e report "Know Which Key Words Will Bring Targeted Visitors to your Web Site" at www.bookcoaching.com/freearticles/article-47.shtml
- Submit to top Web sites looking for new content.. They want and need your information, because that is why people visit any site--for free information. Follow directions for each site. Many want a list of key words and a description. Others require your article by autoresponder. Four years ago, my URL was on 987 other Web sites. Today it's on 4700. Amazing viral marketing!
- Makeover your Web home page. Place those top key words and phrases in the top half of this page and in the links you list along the bottom or side of your page. Search engines pick up these and you receive a higher placement. For instance, my top key words include: book coaching, eBook, ePublishing, self-publishing, Online promotion, Web copywriting, Free Publicity.
How often do Search Engines Crawl?
Search engines constantly crawl the web. depend on how often you update the content.
Giving search engines something to read
Your website must be readable by search engine. Can the search engine read your website?
Accessible to search engines & human
Your site must be easily accessible to search engines and human visitors.