Tips for Choosing Good Domain Names
- Choose a domain that is short as possible.
- Choose a domain that is easy to spell and remember.
- Choose a value laden domain that says what you do.
- Try to purchase a .com or a .net if possible. If you are really set on a certain domain name, settle for a .biz or .us if necessary.
- Purchase YourCompanyName.com so that no one else will.
- Purchase the .net, .biz, .us and all others too if you can.
- If your company name is taken, try adding an “Inc” or “LLC” to the end of the name and see if that is available.
- Anytime you get a good .com domain, tie up the .net, .biz, .us and any other variations of the name so others can't.
- If you find a really good domain name, purchase it for more than one year. Tie it up for as long as you can.
- When purchasing domain names, be sure to set them to automatically renew so you don't forget to renew.
The Secret of Domain Optimization
ongsono.com is not same as www.ongsono.com so that you have to make it same with redirection.
Does the name have anything at all to do with the site, or is it completely unrelated?
Choosing A Domain Name
here are ten tips for choosing good domain names for your website