Search engines have become such an integral part of our lives that at least one organized game has evolved around this tool. Searching through an index involves a user building a query and submitting it through the search engine. The query can be quite simple, a single word at minimum. Building a more complex query requires the use of Boolean operators that allow you to refine and extend the terms of the search.
The Boolean operators most often seen are:
- AND - All the terms joined by "AND" must appear in the pages or documents. Some search engines substitute the operator "+" for the word AND.
- OR - At least one of the terms joined by "OR" must appear in the pages or documents.
- NOT - The term or terms following "NOT" must not appear in the pages or documents. Some search engines substitute the operator "-" for the word NOT.
- FOLLOWED BY - One of the terms must be directly followed by the other.
- NEAR - One of the terms must be within a specified number of words of the other.
- Quotation Marks - The words between the quotation marks are treated as a phrase, and that phrase must be found within the document or file
Factors that affect search engine ranking
here is a list of 10 factors than can truly affect your search engine ranking. this factor is really important
How do you identify a Search Engine Robot?
Search engines send out what are called spiders, crawlers or robots to visit your site and gather web pages
Search Engine Marketing Services
Search engine marketing services will show the success or failure of an online business venture.